Join the FilAm Chambers of Commerce of Cerritos, Hollywood and Greater Pasadena Tri-Chambers for an evening with talented professionals as we educate our community while providing a space for small businesses to network and empower one another through Airmeet.
Featuring Keynote Speaker:
- Executive Coach & Public Speaker
- Ernst & Young (EY)'s Mindfulness Leader
- Author of "Mindfulness Without The Bells and Beads: Unlocking Exceptional Performance, Leadership, and Well-Being for Working Professionals"
Starts: Thu Apr 22 2021, 06:00pm PDT
Ends: Thu Apr 22 2021, 07:30pm PDT
Sponsorship Opportunities Available:
- Silver Sponsor (logo placement): $50
- Gold Sponsor (logo placement & 1 year general membership): $125
- Platinum Sponsor (logo & table and 1 year general membership): $150
- Raffle Prize Sponsor: $20
(Inquire Call/Text 213-608-5837 Jason)
Upon purchase, a representative will reach out to you for logo asset and any additional info required.
Filipino American Chambers of Commerce of Cerritos, Hollywood And Greater Pasadena presents Tri- Chamber Mash-Up - THURSDAY, APRIL 22, 2021
In line with the celebration of the 75th anniversary of PHL-U.S.A. diplomatic relations this year, the Philippine Consulate General in Los Angeles has the honor to extend the invitation of the Philippine Embassy in Washington, D.C. for the Filipino-American community in the Southwest to attend a high-level virtual economic briefing on Wednesday, April 14, 2021 at 4:00p.m. - 6:00 p.m. (PDT) via Zoom.
The economic briefing will feature top Philippine and U.S. government officials, as well as private sector representatives to chart the way forward for two-way trade and investments between the two allies in the context of both countries’ pandemic response and recovery plans.
The speakers will highlight the vital importance of sustainability being at the core of the recovery agenda, the convergence of our countries’ respective priorities, and opportunities to further strengthen ties to achieve broader strategic goals, particularly in the manufacturing and construction sectors, clean energy, telecommunications, and healthcare.
To register, please click on this link:
Should you have inquiries, please direct your email to:
The Philippine Consulate General in Los Angeles is pleased to inform the Filipino-American Community of the arrival in Los Angeles of Consul General Edgar B. Badajos on Tuesday, April 6, 2021.
He is the Philippines’ 18th Consul General in Los Angeles.
We present the 8th Filipino Hollywood Actors Panel with Q&A featuring Filipino Hollywood Actors Panel's 2021 Special Guest Panelists: Deedee Magno Hall, Lou Ticzon and Earl Baylon on Saturday, June 12 from 2:00pm to 4:00pm (PDT) on Facebook LIVE and Twitch TV.
A panel discussion and networking event featuring our special guest industry panelists who represent the craft of acting across the board while shining a spotlight on Filipino talent in Hollywood today.
Hear our panelists discuss about their explorations of the process and profession of acting; their reflections on personal experiences and artistic influences that informed and shaped their careers; their discussions of past and current projects and share valuable insights into the craft and the industry.
Get a chance to ask our panelists questions, learn about open opportunities, and build your network.
2021 INDUSTRY GUEST PANELISTS:
- LOU TICZON is a Filipino-Canadian actor and writer born in Regina, Saskatchewan. His family relocated to Vancouver, BC in the early 90’s and have called it home ever since. Lou is best known for playing David Chin on CW’s "Arrow" and Charles Dimakulangan on CW’s "Two Sentence Horror Stories."
- EARL BAYLON is currently the Artistic Director of Room To Improv, an Asian American improv troupe serving the Los Angeles community... and beyond! Credits include the recent "Tomb Raider" video game trilogy, "Supportive White Parents, a one-hour comedic musical at the Second City Hollywood, and the feature film, "Lumpia With A Vengeance," Winner of the audience award at the Hawaii International Film Festival. You can find him co-hosting and talking nerdy on Pangeekery, a weekly live video podcast on the GeekishNetwork Twitch channel.
- DEEDEE MAGNO HALL is best known as the voice of “Pearl” on Cartoon Network’s award winning animated series, "Steven Universe." Her theater credits include being “Kim” on Miss Saigon (Broadway, 2nd US National & Asian Tours), “Nessarose” Wicked (1st US National Tour), "Diana" Next To Normal (East West Players), If/Then (Broadway & US National Tour). Her television and film credits include being part of the original cast of Disney Channel’s “All New Mickey Mouse Club." Also, "Goliath," "Grey's Anatomy," "Third Watch," "Dellaventura," "Rear Window," "Face," "Sister Act 2." And, her recordings include four albums with Hollywood Record’s pop group, “The Party." And, she is a co-founder of mommy singing group, “Mama Bares."
- EDWIN A. SANTOS (Moderator) is an actor and a film producer. With 20+ years of professional experience in the entertainment industry, as an actor, his work can be seen in the feature films, "The Last Exorcist," "Blue Dream" and "Girl Lost: A Hollywood Story," and as a producer, his work includes the award-winning "Mad Cowgirl" with Sarah Lassez, James Duval and Devon Odessa, and "Samurai Cop 2: Deadly Vengeance" with Bai Ling and Tommy Wiseau. He is the Founder of the Filipino Hollywood Actors Panel, host/producer of the Artists, Creatives & Business Podcast, and Vice President Board Member of the Filipino American Chamber of Commerce of Hollywood.
DATE / TIME / LOCATION:
Saturday, June 12, 2021
From 2:00pm to 4:00pm (PDT)
From 5:00pm to 7:00pm (Canada)
- Filipino Hollywood Actors Panel
- Filipino American Chamber of Commerce of Hollywood
FOLLOW FILIPINO HOLLYWOOD ACTORS PANEL:
Use the hashtag: #FilipinoHollywoodActorsPanel
The Philippine Consulate General in Los Angeles is pleased to invite the Filipino-American community to the webinar “Agri-Negosyo for Overseas Filipinos (USA): Insights from the PhilCAFE Project” to be held on April 8, 2021 from 5:00 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. PDT.
The project is organized through a collaboration among the Philippine Embassy in Washington, D.C., the Office of the Philippine Agriculture Attaché to the Americas, Philippine Overseas Labor Office (POLO) and the Philippine Trade and Investment Center (PTIC).
The webinar’s main presenter, T.J. Ryan, Chief of Party of the Philippine Coffee Advancement and Farm Enterprise (PhilCAFE) Project will talk about the PH coffee value chain, with details like the costs and returns of producing coffee in one hectare of land; and other associated upstream and downstream industries, including Philippine government support.
A panel of speakers, including Department of Agriculture (DA) Undersecretary for High Value Crops and Rural Credit Evelyn G. Lavina; Department of Trade and Industry (DTI) Director for the Cordillera Autonomous Region (CAR) Myrna P. Pablo; and Philippine Coffee Board President and Co-chair Pacita Juan will share their perspectives after the main presentation. Agriculture Attaché Dr. Josyline C. Javelosa will serve as program emcee and moderator.
Interested parties may register in advance at http://tiny.cc/AgriNegosyoCoffee.
Online via Zoom Live (registration required) - https://facchomar30.eventbrite.com/
It will also simulcast on Facebook LIVE.
Women's Month: Filipina American Women in Film
Presented by the Filipino American Chamber of Commerce - Hollywood (FACC - Hollywood) and the Los Angeles Philippine International Film Festival (LAPIFF).
Guest: Sari Lluch Dalena
Sari Dalena is an independent filmmaker from the Philippines and holds a Master of Fine Arts (MFA) degree in Film Production from New York University.
She has been the recipient of the Fulbright-Hayes scholarship, New York Asian Cultural Council Fellowship, NYU Tisch School of the Arts Graduate Fellowship, and the 13 Artists Award at the Cultural Center of the Philippines.
Dalena’s first feature film, the post-9/11 immigrant film "Rigodon" won Best Feature at the International Panorama of Independent Filmmakers.
Her first full-length documentary on the atrocities during the Philippine-American War, "Memories of a Forgotten War" (2001), screened at the Museum of Modern Art (MoMA) Documentary Fortnight in New York City and the Int’l Film Festival Rotterdam.
In 2012, her Martial Law drama, Ka Oryang was awarded Best Picture and Best Director prizes at the Cinema One Originals Film Festival. Her other notable works include "Church Dog" (1994), "White Funeral" (1997), "The Guerrilla is a Poet" (2013), "The Women of Malolos" (2013), and "Dahling Nick" (2015).
She is an Associate Professor and former Director at the University of the Philippines Film Institute.
> Edwin A. Santos
Actor and Film Producer with 20+ years in the entertainment industry.
- As an actor, he can be seen in the feature films "Blue Dream" (2013) starring James Duval, "The Last Exorcist" (2020) starring Danny Trejo and "Girl Lost: A Hollywood Story" (2020) starring Dominique Swain.
- As a producer, he has five feature films to his credit including "Mad Cowgirl" (2006) starring Sarah Lassez and James Duval; and "Samurai Cop 2: Deadly Vengeance" (2015) starring Bai Ling and Tommy Wiseau.
- Founder of the Filipino Hollywood Actors Panel.
- Board Member of the Filipino American Chamber of Commerce Hollywood (FACCHO).
> Fe Koons
- Poet, Author, freelance sportswriter, and movie critic.
- Founding member of the Women Writers in Media (WOMEN) in the Philippines, author of children's books on Filipino and Asian folktales, and playwright of "The Last Days of Jose Rizal", "The Rainbow Princess", and "Vera Cruz".
- Founder, Board Member, and President of the Los Angeles Philippine International Film Festival (LAPIFF).
17 March 2021, Los Angeles – The Philippine Consulate General in Los Angeles is pleased to inform the Filipino-American community that the National Commission for Culture and the Arts (NCCA), in partnership with the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) and the Office of Deputy Speaker and Congresswoman Loren Legarda, announced the Open Call for Curatorial Proposals for Philippine Participation in the 59th Venice Art Biennale in 2022.
The selected curatorial proposal will officially represent the Philippines in 2022 in one of the world’s oldest and most prestigious exhibition platforms for contemporary art. The Philippine Pavilion will continue to be housed at the Artiglierie in Arsenale, the main venue of the Venice Biennale.
This call is open to all curators and contemporary Filipino practitioners residing in the Philippines and abroad and may be proposals by a single curator or by a team of two curators. In case of a team in which one member is not Filipino, the lead curator should be Filipino.
For the application procedure, qualification of proponents and documentary requirements, as well as other relevant information about the project, please visit the official website of the Philippine Arts in Venice Biennale (PAVB) at:
and/or contact the PAVB Coordinating Committee through the following:
All curatorial proposals with complete documentary requirements should be emailed on or before 20 May 2021 (Philippine time) with the subject heading “Curatorial Proposal” to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Philippine Consulate General in Los Angeles is pleased to inform the Filipino-American community that the U.S.-Asia Institute (USAI), with the support of the Philippine Embassy in Washington, D.C., is now accepting applications for the student internship program, entitled “IMPACT! (Inspiring, Motivating and Preparing for Action towards Civic Transformation) Program for Filipino-Americans.”
The 2021 IMPACT! Filipino American Internship Program will be conducted in a fully virtual/remote setting for nine weeks, starting from June 7 to August 6, 2021. The week of June 7 comprises a week-long orientation with fellow IMPACT participants, followed by the start of the internship.
Participants will receive the “Filipino American Youth Political Leadership Award” in the amount of a $1,000 stipend for participation in the program.
IMPACT!, which is a professional development program created by the USAI, offers a once-in-a-lifetime experience for young Filipino-American adults to gain a firsthand look at the American government and political system in Washington DC, to engage civically, and to reflect on the role they, as future leaders, might play in strengthening U.S.-Philippines relations.
For the application procedure and documentary requirements, as well as other relevant information about the Program, please visit USAI’s official website at:
Interested applicants are advised to contact Mr. Zev Moses at email address, email@example.com for any questions or concerns about the Program.
The deadline of application is on February 28, 2021.
Congratulations to television writer Leann Bowen and the writing team for earning two Writers Guild Award nominations for Comedy Series and New Series for AppleTV+'s Ted Lasso...
Congratulations to television writer Mark Kramer and the writing team for earning a Writers Guild Award nomination for Comedy/Variety Talk Series for HBO's Last Week Tonight With John Oliver...
And, congratulations to Eric S. Garcia (with Leo Chu and Julia Miranda) for earning a Writers Guild Award nomination for Children's Episodic, Long Form and Specials of the Netflix Alexa & Katie episode, 'Speaking of Cancer'.
The 73rd Writers Guild Awards are set for March 21, 2021 with film screenplay nominees to be announced on February 16.
Edwin Santos began blogging in 1995 when he was hired as Editor for the award-winning fansite, The Towne Cryer News on Renée Zellweger. He wrote about the entertainment business and film reviews of Zellweger's films until 2000.