**Live via ZOOM (requires registration), CLICK LINK HERE - and FB Live.**
"Making Film Documentaries" featuring filmmakers PJ RAVAL and RAMONA S. DIAZ
Filipino American PJ RAVAL, is an award-winning filmmaker. His latest film CALL HER GANDA is a feature documentary following the story of Jennifer Laude, a local transgender woman who was found dead in a motel room in the port city of Olongopo, Philippines with a 19-year-old U.S. Marine as the leading suspect. CALL HER GANDA world premiered at the 2018 Tribeca Film Festival followed by an international premiere at HotDocs in Toronto, Canada.
RAMONA S. DIAZ is an award-winning Filipina American filmmaker who produced A THOUSAND CUTS, a film documentary on press freedom under threat in the Philippines. "A Thousand Cuts" goes inside the escalating war between the government and the press. The documentary follows Maria Ressa, a renowned journalist who has become a top target of President Rodrigo Duterte's crackdown on the news media.
Ramona S. Diaz's films have screened at Sundance, the Berlinale, Tribeca, the Viennale, IDFA, and many other top-tier film festivals. All of Ramona's feature-length films—IMELDA (2004), THE LEARNING (2011), DON’T STOP BELIEVIN’: EVERYMAN’S JOURNEY (2012) and MOTHERLAND (2017)—have been broadcast on PBS, on either the POV or Independent Lens series. "Motherland" won an award at the 2017 Sundance Film Festival and had its international premiere at the 67th Berlin International Film Festival. It was nominated for an Independent Spirit Award for Best Documentary, a Peabody Award, and a Gaward Urian Award from the Filipino Film Critics.
Edwin A. Santos
- Actor, Producer
- Board Member of the Filipino American Chamber of Commerce Hollywood (FACCHO)
Fe P. Koons
- Author, Screenwriter
- President, Los Angeles Philippine International Film Festival (LAPIFF)
Learn how motion pictures are marketed and what determines the kind of films that succeed in the market.
Presented by the Filipino American Chamber of Commerce - Hollywood (FACC - Hollywood) and the Los Angeles Philippine International Film Festival (LAPIFF).
Are you an aspiring film director, writer, actor, or just curious about the entertainment industry?
Learn about film distribution with our guest panel of speakers in the Hollywood film industry.
Learn how motion pictures are marketed and what determines the kind of films that succeed in the market.
- Vice President of Acquisitions and Distribution at Romero Pictures.
- Former Distribution, Acquisition, and Development Executive for TriCoast Worldwide, and art house label Rock Salt Releasing; where he represented, acquired, and helped distribute titles like Kazuhiro Soda’s “Inland Sea” (MUBI’s 2019 streaming film of the year), and Numa Perrier’s SXSW favorite and buzz film “Jezebel” distributed theatrically and digitally by Array / Netflix.
- Former Motion Picture Market Research Executive at OTX (Online Testing Exchange) for Fox, Universal, New Line Cinema, Warner Brothers, and Paramount Pictures from 2004 to 2008; and filmmaker at Cinefile Video.
- Past collaboration projects with DJ Shadow, Cheech & Chong, and The Bruce Lee Foundation / Enterprises.
-A FL licensed entertainment attorney, and founder of Showbiz Consultants, a consulting company specializing in business affairs for filmmakers, distributors, sales agents and entertainment companies including Paramount Pictures, AMC Networks and XYZ Films ("Buybust," "On The Job').
- Screenwriter and filmmaker for "Voodoo Possession" starring Danny Trejo.
- Founder of FilAm Creative, a non-profit advancing Filipino Americans with careers in entertainment.
* You can find out more about his filmmaking and consulting at walterfilmmaker.com and Showbizconsultants.com.
EDWIN A. SANTOS
- Actor and Film Producer with 20 years in the entertainment industry. As an actor, he can be seen on Funny or Die and the feature film, "Blue Dream" starring James Duval and Dominique Swain. As a producer, "Mad Cowgirl" starring Sarah Lassez and "Samurai Cop 2: Deadly Vengeance" starring Bai Ling and Tommy Wiseau (two out of three films he produced with Cinema Epoch from 2005 to 2019).
- Founder of the annual Filipino Hollywood Actors Panel.
- Board member of the Filipino American Chamber of Commerce Hollywood (FACCHO).
- Poet, Author, freelance sportswriter, and movie critic.
- Founding member of the Women Writers in Media (WOMEN) in the Philippines, author of children's books on Filipino and Asian folktales, and play writer of "The Last Days of Jose Rizal", "The Rainbow Princess", and "Vera Cruz".
- Founder, Board Member, and President of the Los Angeles Philippine International Film Festival (LAPIFF).
***Watch Here on Facebook Live***
***or via Zoom (registration required)***
FACC-Hollywood Announces New President Jason Agcaoili
Our friend John Eric Swing passed away early this morning on Sunday, June 28, 2020 after battling the deadly COVID-19 disease.
Well known in our community, he facilitated the development of our Mission, Vision and Core Values at our roundtable sessions during the Summer of 2019. He was also the Executive Director for the Search to Involve Pilipino Americans (SIPA) in Historic Filipinotown, Los Angeles.
May he rest in peace and may his family find comfort and solace during this critical period.
Filipino American Chamber of Commerce of Hollywood presents
The 7th Filipino Hollywood Actors Panel on Zoom Online.
Register in advance for this webinar: https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_TStm8L0NRnijob3ekB4z5A
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.
A panel discussion and networking event featuring our special guest industry panelists who represent the craft of acting across the board while shining a spotlight on Filipino talent in Hollywood today.
Hear our panelists discuss about their explorations of the process and profession of acting; their reflections on personal experiences and artistic influences that informed and shaped their careers; their discussions of past and current projects and share valuable insights into the craft and the industry.
Get a chance to ask our panelists questions, learn about open opportunities, and build your network.
2020 INDUSTRY GUEST PANELISTS INCLUDE:
(Announcements of each panelist weekly on Mondays)
- ALAIN UY is a Chinese-Filipino American actor born in Dagupan City, Philippines and moved to Los Angeles at the age of 6. He has four siblings. At the age of 11, he earned a 2nd degree black belt in Tae Kwon Do and was nationally ranked in 1990 in the ATA International standings. Early in his career, Alain was also an accomplished dancer and musician featured in several music videos with Jennifer Lopez, Jadakiss, and Anastacia.
During a study abroad program at Oxford University, he developed a love for theatre and acting and that became his primary focus. His acting career began modestly, booking guest starring roles on "The OC," "Monk," "ER," and "Parenthood" just to name a few. Eventually, he started booking recurring guest star roles on several notable TV shows such as HBO's "True Detective," Fox's "The Passage" and "Grimm." More recently, Alain is set to recur alongside Jennifer Aniston, Reese Witherspoon, and Steve Carrell, on Apple Plus' new Emmy Award Winning TV series "The Morning Show."
Coming up, Alain will be starring as a series regular on Hulu’s exciting new show "Marvel’s Helstrom" and nabbed the lead role on Bao Tran’s upcoming feature film "Paper Tigers," starring alongside Ron Yuan (Disney’s Mulan) and Jae Suh Park (Netflix’s Friends from College).
- AMANDA JOY is the Creator, Writer and Series Lead of the CityTV/OMNI original series, "Second Jen."
She is a two-time nominee for the Writers Guild of Canada Screenwriting Awards (co-nomination in 2016, and a nomination in 2019) for "Second Jen."
She is a Canadian Screen Award nominee for "Second Jen."
- TAMLYN TOMITA made her feature film debut in a leading role in "The Karate Kid Part II," and later was in both leading and supporting roles in the films "Come See The Paradise," "The Joy Luck Club," "Picture Bride," "Four Rooms," "Robot Stories" and "The Day After Tomorrow," just to name a few.
She also has played several recurring roles on television including "24," "Glee," "Teen Wolf," "How To Get Away With Murder" and as Commodore Oh on the CBS All Access streaming series "Star Trek: Picard" (2020). She starred on the UPN paranormal series, "The Burning Zone" (1996), the Epix drama series "Berlin Station" (2016), and in the ABC medical drama, "The Good Doctor" (2017).
- EDWIN A. SANTOS (Moderator) is an actor and a film producer. With twenty years of professional experience in the entertainment industry, as an actor, his work can be seen on Funny Or Die and the feature film, "Blue Dream" starring James Duval and Dominique Swain and as a producer, his work includes the award-winning "Mad Cowgirl" with Sarah Lassez, James Duval and Devon Odessa, and "Samurai Cop 2: Deadly Vengeance" with Bai Ling and Tommy Wiseau. He founded the Filipino Hollywood Actors Panel celebrating its fifth anniversary this year, and he currently sits with the Board of Directors of the Filipino American Chamber of Commerce of Hollywood.
DATE / TIME / LOCATION:
Saturday, June 27, 2020
From 2:00pm to 4:00pm
Virtually on Zoom
FOLLOW FILIPINO HOLLYWOOD ACTORS PANEL:
Please use the hashtags: #FilipinoHollywoodActorsPanel as well as #FACCHO or #FACCHollywood.
The Filipino American Chamber of Commerce of Hollywood's (FACCHO) mission is to unite and empower creative Filipino American professionals and businesses in the Entertainment Industry towards mainstream influence and exposure. Their vision is to bridge professional careers and businesses through facilitating networks and resources, opening opportunities, and promoting collaborations. All this within our Core Values: Engagement, Inclusion, Integrity, Professionalism and Transparency.
SUBSCRIBE, FOLLOW, LIKE & BOOKMARK:
// Thank you for attending! Event proceeds will go towards the support of FACCHO, a non-profit organization. //
Come join us for our Entertainment Industry Networking Mixer!
**Featuring Special Guest, Actor & Director, Mark Dacascos.
- John Wick 3
- Brotherhood Of The Wolf
- Cradle 2 The Grave
- Iron Chef America
- Hawaii Five-O
Hosted by the Filipino American Chamber of Commerce of Hollywood (FACCHO).
Mix and Mingle for Actors, Writers, Artists, Directors, Producers, and businesses in the entertainment industry.
Location: Tiato Kitchen + Garden Venue
2700 Colorado Ave, Santa Monica, California
(next to Lionsgate Entertainment)
- Cost: $25 FACC Members / $30 Non-Members
- Includes food and drinks (beer, wine, or non-alcohol).
- Free Parking Validation - Park in Lionsgate Entertainment's garage parking located next door (between Tiato and Lionsgate).
For Inquiries, Sponsorships & Tickets: 213-394-6858
**Ticket purchase online only**
(no purchases at event)
It is with great pleasure we invite you to LAUREL NIGHT: 2020 to be held at the Studio Movie Grill located at 128 Artsakh Avenue in Glendale, California 91206 on Thursday, January 23, 2020.
Apl.de.ap will be in attendance as he is our President's Choice for Humanitarian Award Recipient.
.The Founders of FilAm Creative will be in attendance as they are our Board of Directors Choice Award Recipient.
Our Host will be Jackie Fernandez, two-time Emmy Award winning television host and content creator/producer.
Our Keynote Speaker will be Henry Ong, Senior Manager of Global Television Marketing for Marvel Entertainment ("Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.," "Marvel's Daredevil," and "Marvel's Punisher") as well as for Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios.
Los Angeles Philippine Consul General Adelio Angelito S. Cruz will grace the event and lead the installation of the FACCHO Officers and Board of Directors.
Standup comedienne Lila Hart and Upright Citizens Brigade's Filipino AF comedy improv team, Sini-Gang (Allyn Pintal, Joy Regullano Erich Tamola, Vince Yap and Rachel Marsh) will break the ice and have you laughing off your seats!.
Filling the event with red carpet, press/media, creative dining, and entertainment, the evening will commence from 6:00pm - 8:30pm inside the theater and networking continues at the bar after 8:30pm with producers, directors, writers, actors, influencers and leaders who are making a difference in the FilAm entertainment community such as Vincent Rodriguez III, star of "Crazy Ex-Girlfriend" and Emmy Award-winning VFX Supervisor Mark Nazal, known for his work on "Gotham," "Westworld" and other popular TV shows.
Purchase your tickets from our Venmo account at FACC-Hollywood and your tickets will be available at Will Call on the evening of the event.
HOW TO PURCHASE TICKETS ON VENMO:
- Download the Venmo App (https://venmo.com/)
- Set up an account if you don't have one.
- Log in to your account
- Search for @FACC-Hollywood
- Add you payment for ticket(s)
In the Notes Field of Venmo, write:
- Your Name
- # of Tickets Purchased
- Your Email and Phone Number
- Purchase Ticket(s)
Tickets (food & drinks included)
$45.00 (Paid In Full FACCHO Members)
$55.00 (Non Members)
NOTE: Tickets will not be sold at the door of the event.
A 501c3 tax deductible receipt will be furnished upon request.
The event is formal so the required dress code for men are suit and tie/black tie and for women are evening dress/gown.
Parking is accessible with a parking garage on Artsakh Avenue opposite of the Studio Movie Grill. The first 90 minutes are free. Street parking is also available (be aware of parking signs and meters).
Please advise us of any special mobility.
We hope you are able to accept our invitation and we look forward to your graceful presence.
As an influencer in the entertainment industry, the Filipino American Chamber of Commerce of Hollywood (FACCHO) invited our selectees to a presentation introducing our organization and our goals to increase diversity in Hollywood on Friday, October 25, from 7:00pm to 9:00pm at the Valley Economic Alliance in Van Nuys, CA.
With the box office successes of "Crazy Rich Asians" and "Black Panther," it is time to bring Filipino stories and characters to the forefront of Hollywood. FACCHO is the only organization dedicated to unite and empower creative Filipino American professionals and businesses in the Entertainment Industry towards mainstream influence and exposure. Our vision is to bridge professional careers and businesses through facilitating networks and resources, opening opportunities, and promoting collaborations, but we cannot do it all alone. Your presence is important to help discuss and plan events to guide and influence passionate FilAm artists and entrepreneurs.
CONGRATULATIONS to one of our FACCHO Board of Directors -- Katherine Bercasio joins the Bayang Art and Music Collective!
The Bayang Art and Music Collective is a family owned and operated studio. BAMC offers private lessons and workshops in art and music to students of all ages. They also have free events for the entire family. To learn more, go to: https://thebayangs.com/ .
This Saturday, October 19, 2019, check out ART SHOW: CELEBRATING FILIPINO CULTURE with Special Performances with Toni Pasion and John Dean in Carson, California.
This Thursday night, tonight, September 26 are the returns of three television shows with Filipino actors in lead casts. Yet, two of them will be their Series Final runs.
There was a time last season on a Thursday night where four TV shows played almost back-to-back of each other, if memory serves me right. But, it may have been an interchange between two NBC shows because of the premiere of a mid-season replacement.
8:00pm (NBC): "Superstore" starring Nico Santos
8:30pm (NBC): "A.P. Bio" starring Sari Arambulo
9:00pm (NBC): "The Good Place" starring Manny Jacinto
10:00pm (ABC): "How To Get Away With Murder" starring Conrad Ricamora
Let's see where these shows are now on this 2019-2020 primetime season.
"Superstore" with Nico Santos.
Thursday, September 26 at 8/7c on NBC
Former executive story editor & writer of "Crazy Ex-Girlfriend," Rene Gube joined the show.
"A.P. Bio" with Sari Arambulo.
January, 2020 on NBC's streaming network, Peacock.
(Below is a clip from Season 2)
"The Good Place" with Manny Jacinto.
(Season 4 and Final Season)
Thursday, September 26 at 9/8c on NBC
"How To Get Away With Murder" with Conrad Ricamora.
(Season 6 and Final Season)
Thursday, September 26 at 10/9c on ABC
Check your local listings.
Edwin Santos began blogging in 1995 when he was hired as Editor for the award-winning fansite, The Towne Cryer News on Renée Zellweger. He wrote about the entertainment business and film reviews of Zellweger's films until 2000.