Online via Zoom Live (registration required) - https://facchomar30.eventbrite.com/
It will also simulcast on Facebook LIVE.
Women's Month: Filipina American Women in Film
Presented by the Filipino American Chamber of Commerce - Hollywood (FACC - Hollywood) and the Los Angeles Philippine International Film Festival (LAPIFF).
Guest: Sari Lluch Dalena
Sari Dalena is an independent filmmaker from the Philippines and holds a Master of Fine Arts (MFA) degree in Film Production from New York University.
She has been the recipient of the Fulbright-Hayes scholarship, New York Asian Cultural Council Fellowship, NYU Tisch School of the Arts Graduate Fellowship, and the 13 Artists Award at the Cultural Center of the Philippines.
Dalena’s first feature film, the post-9/11 immigrant film "Rigodon" won Best Feature at the International Panorama of Independent Filmmakers.
Her first full-length documentary on the atrocities during the Philippine-American War, "Memories of a Forgotten War" (2001), screened at the Museum of Modern Art (MoMA) Documentary Fortnight in New York City and the Int’l Film Festival Rotterdam.
In 2012, her Martial Law drama, Ka Oryang was awarded Best Picture and Best Director prizes at the Cinema One Originals Film Festival. Her other notable works include "Church Dog" (1994), "White Funeral" (1997), "The Guerrilla is a Poet" (2013), "The Women of Malolos" (2013), and "Dahling Nick" (2015).
She is an Associate Professor and former Director at the University of the Philippines Film Institute.
> Edwin A. Santos
Actor and Film Producer with 20+ years in the entertainment industry.
- As an actor, he can be seen in the feature films "Blue Dream" (2013) starring James Duval, "The Last Exorcist" (2020) starring Danny Trejo and "Girl Lost: A Hollywood Story" (2020) starring Dominique Swain.
- As a producer, he has five feature films to his credit including "Mad Cowgirl" (2006) starring Sarah Lassez and James Duval; and "Samurai Cop 2: Deadly Vengeance" (2015) starring Bai Ling and Tommy Wiseau.
- Founder of the Filipino Hollywood Actors Panel.
- Board Member of the Filipino American Chamber of Commerce Hollywood (FACCHO).
> Fe Koons
- Poet, Author, freelance sportswriter, and movie critic.
- Founding member of the Women Writers in Media (WOMEN) in the Philippines, author of children's books on Filipino and Asian folktales, and playwright of "The Last Days of Jose Rizal", "The Rainbow Princess", and "Vera Cruz".
- Founder, Board Member, and President of the Los Angeles Philippine International Film Festival (LAPIFF).
Edwin Santos began blogging in 1995 when he was hired as Editor for the award-winning fansite, The Towne Cryer News on Renée Zellweger. He wrote about the entertainment business and film reviews of Zellweger's films until 2000.