Come out to support our local Filipino-American music artists and community!
MIC DIAZ PRESENTS JAM SESSIONS LIVE at The Noypitz Bar & Grill in Little Tokyo, Downtown Los Angeles, California. Featuring music artists Garth Garcia, Marlon D., Xella and Juls King.
Register for tickets here: www.eventbrite.com/e/jam-sessions-live-fundraiser-tickets-156810726103
Ticket purchase will go towards our music artists and the Filipino American Chamber of Commerce Hollywood (FACCHO) community.
The Filipino American Chamber of Commerce Hollywood (FACCHO), a 501 (c) 6 non-profit organization supporting the creatives and artists in the business of entertainment.
GIFTS: $50 and minimum $20 gift value
> Mic Diaz 213.677.9768
> Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Philippine Consulate General in Los Angeles is pleased to invite the Filipino-American community to watch the airing of the fifth installment of “Fiesta Filipinas: An Online Celebration of Philippine Festivals.”
This episode of Fiesta Filipinas will showcase the annual Flores de Mayo festival held all over the Philippines every month of May. The episode also includes a virtual tour of the country’s capital, Manila, a place where old meets new, and where continuous reinvention and restoration brings out the beauty and history of the Philippines’ premier city.
Enjoy this Fiesta Filipinas event by tuning in on Friday, May 28, 2021 at 7:00 p.m. (PDT) at the Department of Foreign Affairs’ (DFA) official Facebook Page and YouTube Channel:
as well as on the Consulate General’s official Facebook page:
The Fiesta Filipinas project is a six-part, multi-format online event series organized by the DFA in cooperation with the Philippine Department of Tourism (PDOT) and National Commission for Culture and the Arts (NCCA). It aims to simulate the experience of a Philippine festival through a combination of live and pre-recorded videos and live workshops and activities.
The Philippine Consulate General in Los Angeles cordially invites the Filipino-American community to the pilot episode of their online Financial Literacy Seminar (FLS) entitled, “Gawing Prioridad ang Seguridad (GPS),” which will be held on Wednesday, May 19, 2021 at 6:00 p.m. (PDT) via Zoom.
The FLS pilot episode will feature resource speakers from the Philippines’ Pag-IBIG Fund and the Philippine National Bank-Los Angeles (PNB-LA) branch.
Community members who wish to participate in the webinar are requested to register in advance through the following link:
Zoom credentials shall be provided later to those who have pre-registered.
The Consulate General looks forward to your participation in this webinar, which was conceptualized with the following objectives:
· Equip the Filipino and Filipino-American community with basic financial concepts that may aid in their financial decision-making, particularly in easing their reintegration into the Philippines should they decide to retire or relocate back to, or simply invest in, the country; and
· Create greater awareness on the financial programs, benefits and products being offered by viable social security and private financial institutions in the Philippines and in the United States.
Inquiries may be emailed to the Consulate General’s Cultural and Community Relations Section: email@example.com .
Keynote Speaker Clif Smith Donates Proceeds of His Book Sold To Low-Income Youths In Confidence Building
Congratulations to Clif Smith on his book launch!
From our guest keynote speaker—
“In celebration of World Book Day - I am donating all proceeds due me for books sold through Amazon to support low-income youth participation in a confidence building program which he benefited from in similar circumstances. Please share far and wide so I have to donate more!” - Clif Smith
MINDFULNESS WITHOUT THE BELLS AND BEADS: UNLOCKING EXCEPTIONAL PERFORMANCE, LEADERSHIP, AND WELL-BEING FOR WORKING PROFESSIONALS peels back the hyperbole obscuring mindfulness and draws readers in with an inspiring poverty to prosperity story and an innovative 8-week course that has been transforming lives and helping people achieve peak performance without sacrificing personal well-being.
Order yours today at Amazon (https://amzn.to/3kHd77b)
Congratulations to editor Michelle Tesoro, ACE for her and her team receiving the Best Edited Limited Series or Motion Picture for Television Award for "The Queen's Gambit" at the 2021 American Cinema Editors (USA) Eddie Awards.
Below she walks us through her various Avid Media Composer timelines and settings to explain her editorial process for the hit Netflix series.
Join the FilAm Chambers of Commerce of Cerritos, Hollywood and Greater Pasadena Tri-Chambers for an evening with talented professionals as we educate our community while providing a space for small businesses to network and empower one another through Airmeet.
Featuring Keynote Speaker:
- Executive Coach & Public Speaker
- Ernst & Young (EY)'s Mindfulness Leader
- Author of "Mindfulness Without The Bells and Beads: Unlocking Exceptional Performance, Leadership, and Well-Being for Working Professionals"
Starts: Thu Apr 22 2021, 06:00pm PDT
Ends: Thu Apr 22 2021, 07:30pm PDT
Sponsorship Opportunities Available:
- Silver Sponsor (logo placement): $50
- Gold Sponsor (logo placement & 1 year general membership): $125
- Platinum Sponsor (logo & table and 1 year general membership): $150
- Raffle Prize Sponsor: $20
(Inquire Call/Text 213-608-5837 Jason)
Upon purchase, a representative will reach out to you for logo asset and any additional info required.
Filipino American Chambers of Commerce of Cerritos, Hollywood And Greater Pasadena presents Tri- Chamber Mash-Up - THURSDAY, APRIL 22, 2021
In line with the celebration of the 75th anniversary of PHL-U.S.A. diplomatic relations this year, the Philippine Consulate General in Los Angeles has the honor to extend the invitation of the Philippine Embassy in Washington, D.C. for the Filipino-American community in the Southwest to attend a high-level virtual economic briefing on Wednesday, April 14, 2021 at 4:00p.m. - 6:00 p.m. (PDT) via Zoom.
The economic briefing will feature top Philippine and U.S. government officials, as well as private sector representatives to chart the way forward for two-way trade and investments between the two allies in the context of both countries’ pandemic response and recovery plans.
The speakers will highlight the vital importance of sustainability being at the core of the recovery agenda, the convergence of our countries’ respective priorities, and opportunities to further strengthen ties to achieve broader strategic goals, particularly in the manufacturing and construction sectors, clean energy, telecommunications, and healthcare.
To register, please click on this link:
Should you have inquiries, please direct your email to:
The Philippine Consulate General in Los Angeles is pleased to inform the Filipino-American Community of the arrival in Los Angeles of Consul General Edgar B. Badajos on Tuesday, April 6, 2021.
He is the Philippines’ 18th Consul General in Los Angeles.
We present the 8th Filipino Hollywood Actors Panel with Q&A featuring Filipino Hollywood Actors Panel's 2021 Special Guest Panelists: Deedee Magno Hall, Lou Ticzon and Earl Baylon on Saturday, June 12 from 2:00pm to 4:00pm (PDT) on Facebook LIVE and Twitch TV.
A panel discussion and networking event featuring our special guest industry panelists who represent the craft of acting across the board while shining a spotlight on Filipino talent in Hollywood today.
Hear our panelists discuss about their explorations of the process and profession of acting; their reflections on personal experiences and artistic influences that informed and shaped their careers; their discussions of past and current projects and share valuable insights into the craft and the industry.
Get a chance to ask our panelists questions, learn about open opportunities, and build your network.
2021 INDUSTRY GUEST PANELISTS:
- LOU TICZON is a Filipino-Canadian actor and writer born in Regina, Saskatchewan. His family relocated to Vancouver, BC in the early 90’s and have called it home ever since. Lou is best known for playing David Chin on CW’s "Arrow" and Charles Dimakulangan on CW’s "Two Sentence Horror Stories."
- EARL BAYLON is currently the Artistic Director of Room To Improv, an Asian American improv troupe serving the Los Angeles community... and beyond! Credits include the recent "Tomb Raider" video game trilogy, "Supportive White Parents, a one-hour comedic musical at the Second City Hollywood, and the feature film, "Lumpia With A Vengeance," Winner of the audience award at the Hawaii International Film Festival. You can find him co-hosting and talking nerdy on Pangeekery, a weekly live video podcast on the GeekishNetwork Twitch channel.
- DEEDEE MAGNO HALL is best known as the voice of “Pearl” on Cartoon Network’s award winning animated series, "Steven Universe." Her theater credits include being “Kim” on Miss Saigon (Broadway, 2nd US National & Asian Tours), “Nessarose” Wicked (1st US National Tour), "Diana" Next To Normal (East West Players), If/Then (Broadway & US National Tour). Her television and film credits include being part of the original cast of Disney Channel’s “All New Mickey Mouse Club." Also, "Goliath," "Grey's Anatomy," "Third Watch," "Dellaventura," "Rear Window," "Face," "Sister Act 2." And, her recordings include four albums with Hollywood Record’s pop group, “The Party." And, she is a co-founder of mommy singing group, “Mama Bares."
- EDWIN A. SANTOS (Moderator) is an actor and a film producer. With 20+ years of professional experience in the entertainment industry, as an actor, his work can be seen in the feature films, "The Last Exorcist," "Blue Dream" and "Girl Lost: A Hollywood Story," and as a producer, his work includes the award-winning "Mad Cowgirl" with Sarah Lassez, James Duval and Devon Odessa, and "Samurai Cop 2: Deadly Vengeance" with Bai Ling and Tommy Wiseau. He is the Founder of the Filipino Hollywood Actors Panel, host/producer of the Artists, Creatives & Business Podcast, and Vice President Board Member of the Filipino American Chamber of Commerce of Hollywood.
DATE / TIME / LOCATION:
Saturday, June 12, 2021
From 2:00pm to 4:00pm (PDT)
From 5:00pm to 7:00pm (Canada)
- Filipino Hollywood Actors Panel
- Filipino American Chamber of Commerce of Hollywood
FOLLOW FILIPINO HOLLYWOOD ACTORS PANEL:
Use the hashtag: #FilipinoHollywoodActorsPanel
The Philippine Consulate General in Los Angeles is pleased to invite the Filipino-American community to the webinar “Agri-Negosyo for Overseas Filipinos (USA): Insights from the PhilCAFE Project” to be held on April 8, 2021 from 5:00 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. PDT.
The project is organized through a collaboration among the Philippine Embassy in Washington, D.C., the Office of the Philippine Agriculture Attaché to the Americas, Philippine Overseas Labor Office (POLO) and the Philippine Trade and Investment Center (PTIC).
The webinar’s main presenter, T.J. Ryan, Chief of Party of the Philippine Coffee Advancement and Farm Enterprise (PhilCAFE) Project will talk about the PH coffee value chain, with details like the costs and returns of producing coffee in one hectare of land; and other associated upstream and downstream industries, including Philippine government support.
A panel of speakers, including Department of Agriculture (DA) Undersecretary for High Value Crops and Rural Credit Evelyn G. Lavina; Department of Trade and Industry (DTI) Director for the Cordillera Autonomous Region (CAR) Myrna P. Pablo; and Philippine Coffee Board President and Co-chair Pacita Juan will share their perspectives after the main presentation. Agriculture Attaché Dr. Josyline C. Javelosa will serve as program emcee and moderator.
Interested parties may register in advance at http://tiny.cc/AgriNegosyoCoffee.
Edwin Santos began blogging in 1995 when he was hired as Editor for the award-winning fansite, The Towne Cryer News on Renée Zellweger. He wrote about the entertainment business and film reviews of Zellweger's films until 2000.